directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NPE during directory search
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2008 11:04:51 GMT
Ulrich Knecht wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   we frequently encounter interrupted LDAP searches with our ApacheDS
> 1.5.3 instance under Windows XP. When looking at the wrapper.log, we
> find
> NullPointerException like shown below (in
> SearchResultEntry.computeLength).
> All further queries to the server then encounter the same error.
>
> Did anyone encounter a similar error before? Any help greatly
> appreciated!

Seems that you have entries with some binary value which is null... :

                                    byte[] binaryValue = ( byte[] ) value;
                                    localValuesLength += 1 +
TLV.getNbBytes( binaryValue.length )
                                        + binaryValue.length;

If the value is null, you'll get a NPE, straight.

I gonna fix that. Now, the question is how you successfully injected
entries with a null value, and how the server has accepted them. I will
try to reproduce the error.

Thanks for the report !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny