directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache James with ApacheDS
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2008 10:50:07 GMT
Pierre Smits wrote:
> Has anyone tried a setup where Apache James connects to ApacheDS als the
> source for users (allowable internal email adresses and authentication)?
>
> And perhaps using Apache Directory Studio to manage user accounts for Apache
> James?
>

> This would really be a nifty feature combo to enhance the use of Apache
> James.

It's just a matter to add a schema for managing James object, I think.
And also to discuss about how to embed ADS within James between the
James and ADS teams.

I don't know James and how it handles data, but I don't see any kind of
big problem to get this done quickly.

Another solution would be to use a remote ADS instance, but this is a
little bit more 'heavy', as you have to launch a server beside James.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org