directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WebApp Persistance on Unix
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2008 17:14:36 GMT
Fu-Tung Cheng wrote:
> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> Looks like the problem was that I was using shutdown -force which apparently just kills
the java process and doesn't allow ds to properly shutdown.  For me shutdown on it's own in
linux doesn't shutdown tomcat.  On windows just killing the window does allow ds to shutdown.

> I'd like to put some code into the webapp such that the ds will periodically flush the
updates to disk so that in the event the server looses power the data is not gone.

> Any suggestions on how to go about doing that?

There is a SyncWorker thread in the Service class which flush the data
periodically.

But you can also configure your partition to 'sync on write', by setting
the field syncOnWrite to true.

That should do the trick.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny