directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WebApp Persistance on Unix
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 06:19:56 GMT
Fu-Tung Cheng wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using the apache-ds web app example from the advanced documentation section.
>
> Running the ds and making changes to the ds on windows works fine.  When I have the application
running on linux the ds loads properly but any changes made only last until the tomcat server
is shutdown.  I've used ds studio, jxplorer and java api to make changes to the ds and I have
the same result.

> My first thought was possible a working directory issue but since it loads the data in
the directory properly that doesn't seem like the issue.
It depends. Many caches are involved.
> My second thought was permissions but the process is running as the same user who owns
the files and the owner permissions for the files are rw.  I have lots of diskspace.

What about the directory ?

> Any thoughts?  I don't see any exceptions.

Some logs could help.

Which version are you using ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny