directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <>
Subject Re: Update to 1.5.3 from 1.5.1
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2008 13:41:06 GMT
Hi Tony,

Tony Thompson wrote:
> OK, I think I can reconfigure the 1.5.3 server.xml to match my install.  But, it looks
like a whole bunch of other stuff has changed.  The first thing is the my directory information
was in instances/default.  Now it appears that it doesn't use that directory structure at
all anymore.
Yes, the structure has change. However, you won't be able to reuse the
same data files from 1.5.1 and make them work with 1.5.3 : the way we
are storing entries has totally changed.

> In the 1.5.3 server.xml, I specified the workingDirectory attribute on the <defaultDirectoryService>
tag but it looks like it only goes one directory deep.  If I specify workingDirectory="instances/defualt",
it puts all the partition info directly into "instances".  If I copy my 1.5.1 partition data
from instances/default/partitions to the 1.5.3 install, it appears that all of my directory
data is gone.  How do I get my 1.5.1 directory data into 1.5.3?
There is only one option : export your data from 1.5.1 as a big ldif
file, and re-import them in 1.5.3

More to come ...

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny