directory-users mailing list archives

From Fu-Tung Cheng <futung.ch...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: WebApp Persistance on Unix
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2008 15:37:00 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,

Looks like the problem was that I was using shutdown -force which apparently just kills the
java process and doesn't allow ds to properly shutdown.  For me shutdown on it's own in linux
doesn't shutdown tomcat.  On windows just killing the window does allow ds to shutdown.

I'd like to put some code into the webapp such that the ds will periodically flush the updates
to disk so that in the event the server looses power the data is not gone.

Any suggestions on how to go about doing that?

Thank you,

Fu-Tung