directory-users mailing list archives

From "Ulrik Sandberg" <ulrik.sandb...@jayway.se>
Subject Problem creating a root context with two RDNs
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2008 17:27:21 GMT
I can't create the root context "dc=example,dc=com" in OpenLDAP using Studio
1.1.

The suffix in slapd.conf is "dc=example,dc=com". Using ldapadd, I could run
this LDIF:

% ldapadd -x -D"cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=com" -w ****
dn: dc=example,dc=com
objectclass: top
objectclass: dcObject
objectclass: organization
dc: example
o: Example Inc
adding new entry "dc=example,dc=com"

Before that, I tried to use Studio to do it. The root entry should have DN
"dc=example,dc=com", but the DN editor seems to require me to add each RDN
at the time, eg "dc=com" first and then when that exists, I can specify
"dc=example" with "dc=com" as parent. But adding just "dc=com" obviously
fails with "Server is unwilling to perform (53): no global superior
knowledge", since it doesn't match the suffix in slapd.conf.

So I guess my question is: How do I in the New Entry wizard in Studio
specify a DN with more than one RDN without having any parents in the
database?

--
Ulrik