directory-users mailing list archives

From Troy Davis <>
Subject 1.5.x doesn't start on CentOS 5.1
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 18:49:17 GMT

I installed apacheds-1.5.2 on a CentOS 5.1 server (it's a virtual
server), but couldn't get it to start properly. I tried the linux
binary and rpm installers, same results. I also tried 1.5.1 and 1.5.0,
and the log output varied a little, but the end result was the same. I
got on the #directory IRC channel and asked for help, ayyagari looked
at the issue and asked that I send info to this email list.

Here's the log from 1.5.2:

Here's the server.xml file (just one change made to it, the port

The rest of the config files are unchanged.

Has anyone else resolved this problem yet? Will it be resolved in 1.5.3?

Can I provide any more information or help out in any way?

Thank You,

View raw message