directory-users mailing list archives

From Troy Davis <t...@editspot.com>
Subject 1.5.x doesn't start on CentOS 5.1
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 18:49:17 GMT
Hello,

I installed apacheds-1.5.2 on a CentOS 5.1 server (it's a virtual
server), but couldn't get it to start properly. I tried the linux
binary and rpm installers, same results. I also tried 1.5.1 and 1.5.0,
and the log output varied a little, but the end result was the same. I
got on the #directory IRC channel and asked for help, ayyagari looked
at the issue and asked that I send info to this email list.

Here's the log from 1.5.2:

http://rafb.net/p/NquLVQ47.html

Here's the server.xml file (just one change made to it, the port
number):

http://rafb.net/p/SlR7Rc78.html

The rest of the config files are unchanged.

Has anyone else resolved this problem yet? Will it be resolved in 1.5.3?

Can I provide any more information or help out in any way?

Thank You,
Troy