directory-users mailing list archives

From "Tony Thompson" <Tony.Thomp...@stone-ware.com>
Subject RE: Update to 1.5.3 from 1.5.1
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 17:30:57 GMT
Any ideas on what I need to do to resolve this?

Thanks
Tony

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Thompson [mailto:Tony.Thompson@stone-ware.com]
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2008 10:27 AM
To: users@directory.apache.org; elecharny@nextury.com
Subject: RE: Update to 1.5.3 from 1.5.1

OK, I think I can reconfigure the 1.5.3 server.xml to match my install.  But, it looks like
a whole bunch of other stuff has changed.  The first thing is the my directory information
was in instances/default.  Now it appears that it doesn't use that directory structure at
all anymore.

In the 1.5.3 server.xml, I specified the workingDirectory attribute on the <defaultDirectoryService>
tag but it looks like it only goes one directory deep.  If I specify workingDirectory="instances/defualt",
it puts all the partition info directly into "instances".  If I copy my 1.5.1 partition data
from instances/default/partitions to the 1.5.3 install, it appears that all of my directory
data is gone.  How do I get my 1.5.1 directory data into 1.5.3?

Finally, I have a custom schema LDIF that I had in instance/default/ldif.  Since the directory
structure has completely changed, where do I put that LDIF so my custom schema will be added?

Thanks for any help.
Tony