directory-users mailing list archives

From "Hammond, Steve" <steve.hamm...@Polycom.com>
Subject [ApacheDS] Parsing question FilterParser
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2008 23:55:42 GMT
I am still having problems with parenthesis.

If I do a search thru LdapStudio against my own partition for (cn=bob
(just bob)) escaped as (cn=bob \28just bob\29), things work great.  My
partition.search class gets passed a SearchOpContext with the filter
having the parenthesis unescaped already for me.

If I try to do a unit test case or code that passes in a filter as a
string, FilterParser.parse() handles the escaped string, but does not
unescape the parenthesis as I expected, so my partition.search gets an
OpConext with the filter having \28 and \29 in it so my unit test fails.

Is there a reason FilterParser.parse is not unescaping these values for
me?  Is there a hidden ExprNode.unescape() function that I should be
calling?  Or do I have to have special cases to handle these escapes in
all of my partition entry points?

Thanx.