directory-users mailing list archives

From "Hammond, Steve" <steve.hamm...@Polycom.com>
Subject [ApacheDS] pound sign in dn not working
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 17:53:26 GMT
I am on the trunk of 1.5 (almost 1.5.3?)  and I have created my own
partition that uses SQL Server as the back end.

When I create a dn of groupid=#g1,ou=local,ou=users,ou=rm  it throws out
of LdapDN.normalize.  I have the # escaped (groupid=\#g1) but when it
calls rdn.getUpValue in LdapDN.oidNormalize, it returns "#g1" the
backslash is gone, so 3 lines later when it does
DefalutStringNormalizer.normalizeString it sees the # at the front and
assumes the g1 is hex, and decodes it to a strange character that can't
be normalized and throws at
org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.schema.DeepTrimToLowerNormalizer.normal
ize(DeepTrimToLowerNormalizer.java:65)

With Invalid value : ?

I did not enter this as a bug, as it is very possible that I am not
creating an rdn value starting with a # correctly.  Do I need to escape
it out as hex or something weird like that?

Thanx.