directory-users mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Import matching rules and syntax definition in ad studio?
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 13:08:29 GMT
Hi Matthias,

Unfortunately, the standard schema files does not contain any information
about the matching rules and syntaxes.
That's why we created an XML file format where such elements can be set.

We created XML files containing OpenLDAP default schema taken from a running
instance of the latest version of OpenLDAP.
Unfortunately this default schema seem to be lacking a few attribute types,
matching rules and syntaxes...

Maybe something went wrong when we exported the schema. This is something we
need to very for the next version.

In the meantime, you can try to import the missing ones for your schema
using an XML file. You can find example here (
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/studio/releases/1.2.0-RC1/schemaeditor/resources/schemas/openldap/
).

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud