directory-users mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: 1.5.x doesn't start on CentOS 5.1
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 15:56:33 GMT
On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 5:46 PM, Troy Davis <troy@editspot.com> wrote:

> I'd love to, but I get permission denied when I try to download the .bin
> file. There is no i386 rpm, either.

Ooops. Something went wrong when Alex copied the files... and he's the only
one to be able to give read rights to this file.
I think he forgot to copy the i386 RPM.

The zip or tar.gz archive can be downloaded. Maybe you can try with these
ones.

> I suppose I could try the source code version, but it'll be a few hours of
> compile time I imagine.

Not a few hours, but a certain number of minutes for sure... ;)

> I've been trying to work with 1.0.2 in the mean time, but it's not been
> very successful. I'm following the instructions for setting up a new
> partition, but the wrapper gets stopped every time after I create the new
> entries as described.

Do you have any logs for this ? Thanks.

> I'm certainly getting my fair share of newbie issues with this software.
> Could the fact that I'm running this in a virtual server environment be the
> problem?

I don't think so, I'm working on several different VMs (Ubuntu, Solaris,
Fedora, Windows XP & Vista) in Paralells Desktop (on Mac OS X) and it's
working...

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud