directory-users mailing list archives

From "Eternach, Andreas (EXT)" <>
Subject AW: Case-Sensitivity of DistinguishedName?
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2008 08:57:14 GMT
What is the exact problem you have ?

I am developing a program, which reads some configuration-objects via LDAP from Apache-DS.

E.g. ProductId=ABC, dc=siemens, dc=com

Internally I map the configuration on a Hashmap-interface. So far so good.
If another component queries for the item 'ProductId=ABC' I lowercase the query to 'productid=ABC'
and everything is fine.

But I have another component that calls BeanUtils.copyProperties on my HashMap-interface and
performes the queries on the result ...

So this is more an application-internal problem, but I thought LDAP supports case-sensitive
distinguished names.
(At least the Apache-Studio displays case-sensitive Distinguished-Names).

Best regards

Andreas Eternach

Siemens AG
Automation and Drives, Stoneball
Tel.  : +49 (341) 4470-0

Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Gerhard Cromme
Managing Board: Peter Loescher, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer;
Wolfgang Dehen, Heinrich Hiesinger, Joe Kaeser, Jim Reid-Anderson, Hermann Requardt,
Siegfried Russwurm, Peter Y. Solmssen
Registered offices: Berlin and Munich;
Commercial registries: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, Munich, HRB 6684
WEEE-Reg.-No. DE 23691322

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----