directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Case-Sensitivity of DistinguishedName?
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2008 08:46:14 GMT
Eternach, Andreas (EXT) wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> i wonder whether it is possible to enable Case-sensitive-access to
> Distinguished-Names in Apache-DS.

DN are not case sensitive or case insensitive. AttributeTypes are case
insensitive, but values will be case sensitive accordingly to their syntax.

> I am using Spring-LDAP on my client machine and all attribute-names of
> the Distinguished-Name are lower cased.

That should not be a problem at all. cn, CN, Cn; CommonName, commonNAME
and 2.5.4.3 are all valid. Ie, if you have a DN like :
cn=test,
then a DN containing any of those forms will be valid :
CN=test
Cn=test
CommonName=test
commonNAME=test
2.5.4.3=test

> Anybody has an idea how disable this conversion into lower-case?

you can't and you should not.

What is the exact problem you have ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny