directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Transaction for interceptor
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2008 14:05:45 GMT
Tanja Ertl wrote:
> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> would a Stored Procedure provide me with such a transactional behaviour?
> Reading fast over the document I would guess not.

In combinaisson with the ChangeLog service, yes. The changeLog
interceptor stores a revert operation for each modification done,
associated with a unique id. If the operation fails, you can revert to a
specific id (like in subversion).

This is how we handle the tests for the server : instead of starting a
new instance of the server for each test (wich is a costly operation
when you have hundred of tests), we revert the previous modifications
done by the previous test, and restore the server back to its initial state.

I'm pretty sure that it could fit your need. Here is some documentation
about the changeLog feature :

http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/versioning-and-snapshots.html

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny