directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Transaction for interceptor
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2008 13:12:02 GMT
Tanja Ertl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> with transactional I mean that the origin action and the work done in the interceptor
is an *atomic* piece of work. If one fails, the other should not be succeeding, too. Like
a transaction in database context.
> One of our use cases is that our users need to maintain a memberOf attribute, where all
groups of the user are listed. This should be tracked by an interceptor. If you add a user
to a group the interceptor should update the memberOf attribute of the user entry. This should
only happen, if the original request succeeds. That's no problem, the interceptor could start
the work after the nexus has executed the request successfully. But vice versa, if the interceptor
fails to add the group to the memberOf attribute, the original request should be rolled backed,
too.

I _think_ that in order to manage memberof and users, a Stored Procedure
+ some triggers are a better solution. You won't need to add an
interceptor, and it will be able to be run on addition, deletion and
modification.

You have a good sample here :
http://directory.apache.org/community%26resources/ldap-stored-procedures-and-triggers-in-apacheds.html

cordialement, regards,