directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: Problem with ChangePasswordConfiguration
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2008 12:55:33 GMT
Hi Felix!

Felix Stinson wrote:
> Hello,
> I am experiencing problems with the ChangePassword Configuration type.  Since the online
documentation isn't completed yet, I am contacting this email ad, which I've found in the
README-file.
> I am trying to run apacheds 1.5.2 on a Red Hat 3u9 system. I have Java Version 1.6.0_06
installed and apacheds startet up already. But since I am trying to work with the ChangePassword
type I am getting the following error msg.
> I really don't know where the type shpuld be located but think it is in /opt/apacheds-1.5.2/lib/apacheds-protocol-changepw-1.5.2.jar?

> I really don't know where the problem could be an would be glad to get some information
on this issue.

I assume that you use the old spring configuration style with
configuration beans.

The class ChangePasswordConfiguration used in your configuration
fragment below does not exist any longer and is therefore not available
in any jar of the distribution.

> Server.xml:
>
> <bean id="changePasswordConfiguration" class="org.apache.directory.server.changepw.ChangePasswordConfiguration"
lazy-init="default" autowire="default" dependency-check="default">
> - <!--  Whether to enable the Change Password protocol.
>   -->
>   <property name="enabled" value="true" />
> - <!--  The port to run the Change Password protocol on.
>   -->
>   <property name="ipPort" value="464" />
>   </bean>

You may give the server.xml shipped with the 1.5.2 release a try. Simply
uncomment the part for changePassword there.

Hope this helps a bit,
     Stefan