directory-users mailing list archives

From "DI Christoph Rettig" <>
Subject export schema from ou=schema as OpenLDAP schema
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 15:42:57 GMT
Hi guys, I have created a schema file for Microsoft AD and then used the
schema editor to export this
schema as "Schemas for Apache DS" which I could then import into my server
into the ou=schema node.

As the schema was not complete I added some attributes in the LDAP Browser
view (connected to Apache DS) directly by adding entries of

Now I have a schema for Microsoft AD that works (I did not find any official
schema for AD, that's
why I created my own one) and would like to export this back into an
OpenLDAP schema file of the form

attributetype ( NAME 'changetype'
        DESC 'AD ubiquitous changetype attribute'
        EQUALITY caseIgnoreIA5Match

objectclass (
    NAME 'user'
    SUP organizationalPerson
    MUST ( objectSid $ objectClass $ cn )
    MAY (
        accountExpires $
        aCSPolicyName $
        adminCount $

but I did not find a way to create this sort of output. In the LDAP Brower I
only have export as LDIF

Is there a way to do this? How can I export the schemas for Apache DS into a
textual form that can be
understood by other LDAP servers?

	regards, Chris

DI Christoph Rettig