directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] pound sign in dn not working
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2008 05:39:41 GMT
Hi Steve,

I gues you must hang with your familly, as it's july 4th...

I don't think we have a problem with # in DN, as we already have unit
tests to verify that it's working :
   /**
    * test a simple DN with a # on first position
    */
   @Test public void testLdapDNSharpFirst() throws InvalidNameException
   {
       LdapDN dn = new LdapDN( "a = \\#this is a sharp" );

       assertTrue( LdapDN.isValid( "a = \\#this is a sharp" ) );
       assertEquals( "a=\\#this is a sharp", dn.toString() );
       assertEquals( "a = \\#this is a sharp", dn.getUpName() );
   }

and

   /**
    * test a simple DN with hexString attribute value : a = #0010A0AAFF
    */
   @Test public void testLdapDNHexStringAttributeValue() throws
InvalidNameException
   {
       LdapDN dn = new LdapDN( "a = #0010A0AAFF" );

       assertTrue( LdapDN.isValid( "a = #0010A0AAFF" ) );
       assertEquals( "a=#0010A0AAFF", dn.toString() );
       assertEquals( "a = #0010A0AAFF", dn.getUpName() );
   }

I will assume right now that it's a problem in filter parsing.

PS : I didn't commented on JIRA a I don't have access to http right now
(damn ISP !!!) so I replied here in case you are a night owl and get
this mail !
Hammond, Steve wrote:
> I am on the trunk of 1.5 (almost 1.5.3?)  and I have created my own
> partition that uses SQL Server as the back end.
>

> When I create a dn of groupid=#g1,ou=local,ou=users,ou=rm  it throws out
> of LdapDN.normalize.  I have the # escaped (groupid=\#g1) but when it
> calls rdn.getUpValue in LdapDN.oidNormalize, it returns "#g1" the
> backslash is gone, so 3 lines later when it does
> DefalutStringNormalizer.normalizeString it sees the # at the front and
> assumes the g1 is hex, and decodes it to a strange character that can't
> be normalized and throws at
> org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.schema.DeepTrimToLowerNormalizer.normal
> ize(DeepTrimToLowerNormalizer.java:65)
>
> With Invalid value : ?
>

> I did not enter this as a bug, as it is very possible that I am not
> creating an rdn value starting with a # correctly.  Do I need to escape
> it out as hex or something weird like that?
>

> Thanx.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com