directory-users mailing list archives

From Dylan Taft <soundma...@yahoo.com>
Subject [ApacheDS] Having trouble setting up access control
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2008 16:38:52 GMT
I'm having trouble with setting up access control in apacheDS.  I'm using
Apache DS 1.5.3
Apache Studio 1.2.0 RC1

I've tried to follow the docs listed here
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/32-basic-authorization.html

I've added accessControlEnabled in my server.xml file, restarted the services..

I've tried to add administrativeRole as an attribute to dc=example,dc=com in DS studio
When I try, it just doesn't do it.  I get a little red X next to the object in the ldap browser..no
other errors.

Does anyone have a moment to walk me through doing this in studio?  I'm trying to have everything
marked as read only to normal users except the userPassword attribute.  I've tried for several
hours with no luck...

Thanks in advance!