directory-users mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Apache Directory Studio schema editor - getting started
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2008 16:34:28 GMT
On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 4:42 PM, Stefan Zauner <
stefan.zauner@jato-consulting.de> wrote:

> Hello!

Hi Stefan,

I'm new to Apache Directory Studio so please be forgiving. Today I installed
> the ADS because I need to create a LDAP-schema for openldap and wanted to
> use a schema editor for comfort. But when I create a new project and just
> import the core.schema of openldap ADS comes up with a lot of errors
> related
> to missing matching rules and syntaxes. In fact I can not choose any other
> then (none) for matching rules or syntaxes when creating an own attribute
> type for example. How can I teach ADS to use the standard matching rules
> and
> syntaxes that come with openldap?

Unfortunately, the .schema does not include the descriptions of the matching
rules and syntaxes, but only the descriptions of attribute types and object
classes (that's not a bug...).

That's why we ship with the application "improved" versions of the .schema
files (which are XML files actually) that include the descriptions of all
the elements (attribute types, object classes, matching rules and syntaxes).

Emmanuel has given you the right hint on how to use them.

Now, the 20 errors you're getting when you import those internal "improved"
versions are, i'm sad to say that, plain normal.

When I generated the "improved" schema files from a fresh install of the
latest version of OpenLDAP, I got those errors and could not find how to
them too.

I need to take a look at that very soon and see if I can find why I'm
getting the errors and where are those syntaxes and matching rules.

I'm going to open a JIRA for this. Hopefully, we can address this issue for
the next version of Studio.

Thanks,
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot