directory-users mailing list archives

From "Abdullah Zahur" <aza...@gmail.com>
Subject ApacheDS 1.5
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 23:29:50 GMT
I downloaded the apacheds from downloads, version 1.5.1. When through the
setup and all and then tried to start the directory server
 with the following command
>bin\apacheds -c ../conf/apachdeds.conf     (I think that is the right
syntax) but I get the following error

D:\Program Files\Apache Directory Server\bin>apacheds -c
../conf/apacheds.conf
wrapper  | --> Wrapper Started as Console
Unable to get the current logfile size with stat: The filename, directory
name,
or volume label syntax is incorrect. (0x7b)
wrapper  | Launching a JVM...
jvm 1    | java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
Unable to get the current logfile size with stat: The filename, directory
name,
or volume label syntax is incorrect. (0x7b)
jvm 1    |      at
org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerFactory.getLogger(Log4jLoggerFactor
y.java:73)
jvm 1    |      at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getLogger(LoggerFactory.java:103)
jvm 1    |      at
org.apache.directory.daemon.Bootstrapper.<clinit>(Bootstrappe
r.java:57)
jvm 1    | Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
jvm 1    |      at sun.net.www.ParseUtil.decode(Unknown Source)
jvm 1    |      at sun.net.www.protocol.file.Handler.openConnection(Unknown
Sour
ce)
jvm 1    |      at sun.net.www.protocol.file.Handler.openConnection(Unknown
Sour
ce)
jvm 1    |      at java.net.URL.openConnection(Unknown Source)
jvm 1    |      at java.net.URL.openStream(Unknown Source)
jvm 1    |      at
org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.doConfigure(PropertyCon
figurator.java:433)
jvm 1    |      at
org.apache.log4j.helpers.OptionConverter.selectAndConfigure(O
ptionConverter.java:470)
jvm 1    |      at org.apache.log4j.LogManager.<clinit>(LogManager.java:122)
jvm 1    |      ... 3 more
jvm 1    | Exception in thread "main"
wrapper  | JVM exited while loading the application.
wrapper  | There were 1 failed launches in a row, each lasting less than 300
sec
onds.  Giving up.
wrapper  |   There may be a configuration problem: please check the logs.
wrapper  | <-- Wrapper Stopped

D:\Program Files\Apache Directory Server\bin>

I remember I did not use to have this problem with earlier with the same
version of apacheds.

Also, Is there is a way to downlaod the latest version of the code, which
does not include the xbean stuff. If that is the only source that can be
downloaded then can someone tell me how to start the kerberos service and
the keyDerivation service

thanks