directory-users mailing list archives

From "Eternach, Andreas (EXT)" <andreas.eternach....@siemens.com>
Subject AW: DITStructureRules (was: General Question related to object containment)
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 12:04:12 GMT
Hi guys,

I finally found a good explanatation about the DIT structure rules:
https://www.opends.org/wiki/page/UnderstandingDITStructureRules

If we would go for an implementation of DIT-Structure-Rules in ApacheDS, then the algorithm
could look as follows (please correct me if I am wrong):

0. If a DIT-object is going to be created, then following steps should be performed:

1. Find the according Structure-Rule for the new objects type, if no Structure-Rule has been
found, then create the object

3.a If SUP is empty, then check whether the parent object class is the DIT-Root, otherwise
reject creation

3.b If a SUP has been specified in the Structure-Rule, then find the SUP-Structure-Rule. If
no SUP can be found then (what to do, throw an exception, user-error, schema-error ?)

4. Check whether the SUP-Structure-Rules name-form corresponds with the new object parents
object-type. If not, then user error, otherwise create the object.

Best regards

Andreas Eternach
Software-Entwickler

Siemens AG
Automation and Drives, Stoneball
Tel.  : +49 (341) 4470-0
mailto:andreas.eternach.ext@siemens.com
http://www.siemens.com/automation

Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Gerhard Cromme
Managing Board: Peter Loescher, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer;
Wolfgang Dehen, Heinrich Hiesinger, Joe Kaeser, Jim Reid-Anderson, Hermann Requardt,
Siegfried Russwurm, Peter Y. Solmssen
Registered offices: Berlin and Munich;
Commercial registries: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, Munich, HRB 6684
WEEE-Reg.-No. DE 23691322