directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Anon Bind
Date Sat, 28 Jun 2008 11:49:12 GMT
John Hughes wrote:
> Using 1.5.2 it appears I can do an anonymous bind to the directory -yet the
> allowAnonymousAccess property is set to false

There are three places where the allowAnonymousAccess flag should be set
in the server.xml file :
- defaultDirectoryService
- ldapServer
- apacheDS

Obviously, this is a little bit overkilling :)

We should fix that...

> Although when I try and do a search I do then get an access violation.

Being able to bind as anonymous and being able to fetch an entry out of
the server are two different things. In fact, you can even do a search
on the server without being forced to send a BindRequest (the rootDSE is
searchable with an anonymous authorization). Now, if the Anonymous
access is forbidden, you will get an access violation when earching the
server, except when looing for the rootDSE attributes.

> Is this supposed to happen?

Basically, yes. I have to double check about the anonymous Bind, but as
we are currently working on this part of the server, this will be
figured out soon.

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny