directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: admin user
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 08:23:25 GMT
Tanja Ertl wrote:
> I would like to embedd ApacheDirectory in another application which has already this
concept of a root user and I would like to be both the same.

Makes sense.
> I can change it in 1.0.x versions, right?
Sadly, not...
> At least the name is configurable via the spring configuration, I didn't try it.

The fact is that this uid=admin, ou=system appears in the Spring
configuration was a mistake, as it make users think they can change it.
This is the reason why its not any more present in the 1.5.2
configuration file.
> Is it at least possible to change the password for the admin in 1.5.2?

Yes. Just use Studio to change it.

FYI, we have already had many discussion about what should be done
regarding the admin user. I would say that defining a configurable admin
user make sense. I also would suggest that you fill a JIRA in order to
remind us to do it when we have a couple of days to deal with this issue.

Btw, why not considering creating another user which will be a kind of
admin ? The current admin is mainly used the first time you launch the
server, in order to be able to 'bootstrap' the server, and also for
internal manipulation of data. As soon as you have created a new user,
assigned it the correct access, then you will be all done.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org