directory-users mailing list archives

From Leo Galambos <>
Subject ADS 1.5.1 - howto add a new partition
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2008 18:48:21 GMT

I am trying to add a new partition. I follow the documentation at
suggesting to find <property name="contextPartitionConfigurations"> and
add <bean id="examplePartitionConfiguration"...

Unfortunately, my server.conf does not include such tags, only
<defaultDirectoryService... or <systemPartition... etc.

I do think that the documentation of 1.5 is obsolete (does it describe
ADS 1.0 format?).

I found XSD document with some hints, but it is still hard to understand
all the bells and whistles (you know, I try ADS for the first time). Can
you point me to a right documentation or send a server.conf with a new
added partition, let's say "dc=ACME", please?

Thank you very much,

View raw message