directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: LDAP talk at Java User Group Berlin
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2008 20:20:15 GMT
Harakiri wrote:
> will you talk about more specifics of ApacheDS or is it more about introduction to JNDI?
(the last slide is more about JNDI introduction).

Neither ApacheDS, nor JNDI in detail. It will basically be an
introduction to LDAP for Java developers.

Agenda (draft)

- Advantages of LDAP, when to use it, and when to prefer a RDBMS
- LDAP Information model, operational model etc.
- Integration options for Java (JNDI is only one of them)
- Using LDAP as a authentication store for e.g. Tomcat
- ...

And of course I will use ApacheDS and Apache Directory Studio for the
demonstration parts of the presentations. But I do not plan to go into
internals of ApacheDS.

Greetings,
     Stefan