directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Directory Studio schema editor - getting started
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2008 14:49:00 GMT
Hi,

Stefan Zauner wrote:
> Hello!
>

> I'm new to Apache Directory Studio so please be forgiving. Today I installed
> the ADS because I need to create a LDAP-schema for openldap and wanted to
> use a schema editor for comfort. But when I create a new project and just
> import the core.schema of openldap ADS comes up with a lot of errors related
> to missing matching rules and syntaxes. In fact I can not choose any other
> then (none) for matching rules or syntaxes when creating an own attribute
> type for example. How can I teach ADS to use the standard matching rules and
> syntaxes that come with openldap?

You can simply import all of the OpenLdap embedded schema, ass they are
proposed by default :
1) create a new project
2) select the OpenLdap server type
3) select the needed schema in the list
4) click on Finish

There is a bug when you explicitely import OpenLdap from files. Using
the embedded schema is correct, as they are exactly the same.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org