directory-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Active Directory simulation
Date Thu, 01 May 2008 17:09:18 GMT
This is a great idea.  A large majority of LDAP applications will most
likely be hitting AD or ADAM in the enterprise.  It makes sense to have an
AD compatibility mode to mimic ActiveDirectory as much as possible.  We have
a bunch of low level concerns around compatibility but I don't think we're
limited since the ApacheDS design is so flexible.

We should have some kind of DirectoryServiceFactory implementation that
programmatically configures a new instance of a DirectoryService and or the
server itself configured to mimic AD.  We can also include in the standalone
version of ApacheDS an optional ad-server.xml.

Alex