directory-users mailing list archives

From "Simsuwat, Suriya" <ssimsu...@glovia.com>
Subject Get lost when trying the new scheme to ApacheDS
Date Mon, 12 May 2008 10:42:44 GMT
Hi All,

I am new to Apacheds and Apache Directory Studio. Now I am using Apacheds version 1.5.2 and
Apache Directory Studio version 1.1.0.
With the manual I can import LDIF to LDAP successfully. But when I tried to import a new schema
to the LDAP, I got lost.

I have followed the instruction in http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/add-your-first-elements-to-the-schema.html
to add a custom schema. I do not know where I can find 'show view' window having the option
'schemas'. I just found 'schema' in the Apache Directory Studio version 1.1.0 and when I click
on 'schema'. I did not see any button about 'Open a schema file'.

All options in show view window are listed as follows,

- General
    |- Outline
    |- Progress
- Help
    |- Help
- LDAP Browser
    |- Connections
    |- LDAP Browser
    |- Modification Logs
- Schema Editor
    |- Hierarchy
    |- Problems
    |- Projects
    |- Schema

Note: I have connected Apache Directory Studio to Apacheds already, because I saw the data
in LDAP Browser window.

Could anyone please suggest me how to import the custom schema to LDAP. Thank you in advance
for help.

Best regards,

Suriya