directory-users mailing list archives

From Torgeir Veimo <torg...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: error on startup
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 07:05:45 GMT

On 9 May 2008, at 16:58, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> Torgeir Veimo wrote:
>> I get this error on startup, any idea of how to fix it?
>>
>> jvm 1    | [16:51:42] ERROR
>> [org.apache.directory.server.core.entry.DefaultServerAttribute] -
>> The value 'top' is incorrect, it hasn't been added
>> jvm 1    | [16:51:42] ERROR
>> [org.apache.directory.server.core.entry.DefaultServerAttribute] -
>> The value 'extensibleObject' is incorrect, it hasn't been added
>>
>> There are several of these warnings before this happens, but I'm
>> unsure if it's relevant;
> Those "errors" are not blocking. They are generated because we have
> schema where we define some value more than once : for instance,
> 'top' is already added in an ObjectClass but appears to be seen
> twice in the entry.
>
> It will be fixed in 1.5.3.
>>
>> jvm 1    | [16:51:41] WARN
>> [org.apache.directory.server.core.entry.ServerStringValue] - Cannot
>> normalize the value :Encountered name based id of
>> apacheDnsDomainName which was not found in the OID registry
>
> You have to add the ApacheDNS schema in order to get this
> attributeType stored into the server. If it's already added, then
> check that the schema is enabled. If it is, then it's a bug...

I had the server running fine, it didn't come up again after the
machine was rebooted. I guess some file must be corrupted. I've
enclosed the entire startup log below;

Macintosh:~ torgeir$ /usr/local/apacheds-1.5.2/bin/apacheds.init
console community
Password:
Running Apache Directory Server - community...
wrapper  | --> Wrapper Started as Console
wrapper  | Using tick timer.
wrapperp | server listening on port 32000.
wrapper  | Command[0] : java
wrapper  | Command[1] : -Dlog4j.configuration=file:////usr/local/apacheds-1.5.2/instances/community/conf/log4j.properties
wrapper  | Command[2] : -Dapacheds.var.dir=/usr/local/apacheds-1.5.2/
instances/community
wrapper  | Command[3] : -Dapacheds.log.dir=/usr/local/apacheds-1.5.2/
instances/community/log
wrapper  | Command[4] : -Dapacheds.run.dir=/usr/local/apacheds-1.5.2/
instances/community/run
wrapper  | Command[5] : -Dapacheds.instance=community
wrapper  | Command[6] : -
Dbootstrap.start.class=org.apache.ldap.server.Service
wrapper  | Command[7] : -
Dbootstrap.stop.class=org.apache.ldap.server.Service
wrapper  | Command[8] : -Djava.library.path=../lib
wrapper  | Command[9] : -classpath
wrapper  | Command[10] : ../lib/bootstrapper.jar:../lib/wrapper.jar:../
lib/slf4j-api-1.4.3.jar:../lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.4.3.jar:../lib/
log4j-1.2.14.jar
wrapper  | Command[11] : -Dwrapper.key=f2AO2MnvqcBGZHVb
wrapper  | Command[12] : -Dwrapper.port=32000
wrapper  | Command[13] : -Dwrapper.jvm.port.min=31000
wrapper  | Command[14] : -Dwrapper.jvm.port.max=31999
wrapper  | Command[15] : -Dwrapper.debug=TRUE
wrapper  | Command[16] : -Dwrapper.pid=917
wrapper  | Command[17] : -Dwrapper.version=3.2.3
wrapper  | Command[18] : -Dwrapper.native_library=wrapper
wrapper  | Command[19] : -Dwrapper.cpu.timeout=10
wrapper  | Command[20] : -Dwrapper.jvmid=1
wrapper  | Command[21] : org.apache.directory.daemon.TanukiBootstrapper
wrapper  | Command[22] : /usr/local/apacheds-1.5.2
wrapper  | Command[23] : org.apache.directory.server.Service
wrapper  | Command[24] : /usr/local/apacheds-1.5.2/instances/community/
conf/server.xml
wrapper  | Launching a JVM...
jvm 1    | WrapperManager class initialized by thread: main  Using
classloader: sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@a9c85c
jvm 1    | Wrapper (Version 3.2.3) http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org
jvm 1    |   Copyright 1999-2006 Tanuki Software, Inc.  All Rights
Reserved.
jvm 1    |
jvm 1    | Wrapper Manager: JVM #1
jvm 1    | Running a 32-bit JVM.
jvm 1    | Wrapper Manager: Registering shutdown hook
jvm 1    | Wrapper Manager: Using wrapper
jvm 1    | Load native library.  One or more attempts may fail if
platform specific libraries do not exist.
jvm 1    | Loading native library failed: libwrapper-macosx-
x86-32.jnilib  Cause: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no wrapper-
macosx-x86-32 in java.library.path
jvm 1    | Loading native library failed: libwrapper-macosx-
universal-32.jnilib  Cause: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no wrapper-
macosx-universal-32 in java.library.path
jvm 1    | Loaded native library: libwrapper.jnilib
jvm 1    | Calling native initialization method.
jvm 1    | Inside native WrapperManager initialization method
jvm 1    | Java Version   : 1.5.0_13-b05-237 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
jvm 1    | Java VM Vendor : Apple Inc.
jvm 1    |
jvm 1    | Startup runner thread started.
jvm 1    | Control event monitor thread started.
jvm 1    |
WrapperManager
.start(org.apache.directory.daemon.TanukiBootstrapper@b307f0, args["/
usr/local/apacheds-1.5.2", "org.apache.directory.server.Service", "/
usr/local/apacheds-1.5.2/instances/community/conf/server.xml"]) called
by thread: main
jvm 1    | Communications runner thread started.
jvm 1    | Open socket to wrapper...Wrapper-Connection
jvm 1    | Opened Socket from 31000 to 32000
jvm 1    | Send a packet KEY : f2AO2MnvqcBGZHVb
jvm 1    | handleSocket(Socket[addr=/
127.0.0.1,port=32000,localport=31000])
wrapperp | accepted a socket from 127.0.0.1 on port 31000
wrapperp | read a packet KEY : f2AO2MnvqcBGZHVb
wrapper  | Got key from JVM: f2AO2MnvqcBGZHVb
wrapperp | send a packet LOW_LOG_LEVEL : 1
wrapperp | send a packet PING_TIMEOUT : 30
wrapperp | send a packet PROPERTIES : (Property Values)
wrapper  | Start Application.
wrapperp | send a packet START : start
jvm 1    | Received a packet LOW_LOG_LEVEL : 1
jvm 1    | Wrapper Manager: LowLogLevel from Wrapper is 1
jvm 1    | Received a packet PING_TIMEOUT : 30
jvm 1    | PingTimeout from Wrapper is 30000
jvm 1    | Received a packet PROPERTIES : (Property Values)
jvm 1    | Received a packet START : start
jvm 1    | calling WrapperListener.start()
jvm 1    | Waiting for WrapperListener.start runner thread to complete.
jvm 1    | WrapperListener.start runner thread started.
jvm 1    |            _                     _          ____  ____
jvm 1    |           / \   _ __   __ _  ___| |__   ___|  _ \/ ___|
jvm 1    |          / _ \ | '_ \ / _` |/ __| '_ \ / _ \ | | \___ \
jvm 1    |         / ___ \| |_) | (_| | (__| | | |  __/ |_| |___) |
jvm 1    |        /_/   \_\ .__/ \__,_|\___|_| |_|\___|____/|____/
jvm 1    |                |_|
jvm 1    |
jvm 1    | [17:04:37] WARN
[org.apache.directory.server.core.entry.ServerStringValue] - Cannot
normalize the value :Encountered name based id of apacheDnsDomainName
which was not found in the OID registry
jvm 1    | [17:04:37] WARN
[org.apache.directory.server.core.entry.ServerStringValue] - Cannot
normalize the value :Encountered name based id of apacheDnsDomainName
which was not found in the OID registry
jvm 1    | [17:04:37] WARN
[org.apache.directory.server.core.entry.ServerStringValue] - Cannot
normalize the value :Encountered name based id of
apacheDnsAbstractRecord which was not found in the OID registry
jvm 1    | [17:04:37] WARN
[...]
normalize the value :Encountered name based id of domain which was not
found in the OID registry
jvm 1    | [17:04:37] WARN
[...]
normalize the value :Encountered name based id of corbaObject which
was not found in the OID registry
jvm 1    | [17:04:37] WARN
[org.apache.directory.server.core.entry.ServerStringValue] - Cannot
normalize the value :Encountered name based id of corbaObject which
was not found in the OID registry
jvm 1    | [17:04:37] WARN
[org.apache.directory.server.core.entry.ServerStringValue] - Cannot
normalize the value :Encountered name based id of
apacheDnsAbstractRecord which was not found in the OID registry
jvm 1    | [17:04:37] WARN
[org.apache.directory.server.core.entry.ServerStringValue] - Cannot
normalize the value :Encountered name based id of
apacheDnsAbstractRecord which was not found in the OID registry
jvm 1    | [17:04:37] ERROR
[org.apache.directory.server.core.entry.DefaultServerAttribute] - The
value 'top' is incorrect, it hasn't been added
jvm 1    | [17:04:37] ERROR
[org.apache.directory.server.core.entry.DefaultServerAttribute] - The
value 'extensibleObject' is incorrect, it hasn't been added
wrapper  | Startup failed: Timed out waiting for signal from JVM.
wrapper  | JVM did not exit on request, terminated
wrapper  | JVM exited on its own while waiting to kill the application.
wrapper  | Signal trapped.  Details:
wrapper  |   signal number=20 (SIGCHLD), source="unknown"
wrapper  | Received SIGCHLD, checking JVM process status.
wrapper  | JVM exited in response to signal SIGKILL (9).
wrapper  | JVM process exited with a code of 1, setting the wrapper
exit code to 1.
wrapperp | server listening on port 32000.
wrapper  | JVM was only running for 30 seconds leading to a failed
restart count of 1.
wrapper  | There were 1 failed launches in a row, each lasting less
than 300 seconds.  Giving up.
wrapper  |   There may be a configuration problem: please check the
logs.
wrapper  | <-- Wrapper Stopped
Macintosh:~ torgeir$

--