directory-users mailing list archives

From "Hammond, Steve" <steve.hamm...@Polycom.com>
Subject RE: Active Directory simulation
Date Thu, 01 May 2008 18:14:15 GMT
I have been working on getting ADS to simulate AD, so far I have only
had to worry about objectClass group however.  I also had to add
attributeType samAccountName, and objectGUID.

There is the issue that I have not found a way to stop importation of
LDAPv3 attributeTypes where the name conflicts with AD attribute types
such as memberOf and Member.

-----Original Message-----
From: akarasulu@gmail.com [mailto:akarasulu@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Alex
Karasulu
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2008 11:09 AM
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: Active Directory simulation

This is a great idea.  A large majority of LDAP applications will most
likely be hitting AD or ADAM in the enterprise.  It makes sense to have
an
AD compatibility mode to mimic ActiveDirectory as much as possible.  We
have
a bunch of low level concerns around compatibility but I don't think
we're
limited since the ApacheDS design is so flexible.

We should have some kind of DirectoryServiceFactory implementation that
programmatically configures a new instance of a DirectoryService and or
the
server itself configured to mimic AD.  We can also include in the
standalone
version of ApacheDS an optional ad-server.xml.

Alex