directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: General Question related to object containment
Date Tue, 27 May 2008 13:26:52 GMT
Eternach, Andreas (EXT) wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi Andreas,

> i am quite new to LADP and Apache Directory Server. And i really hope
> you can help me with a containment question.
>
> I have created a new Schema, which defines just two object-classes (lets
> call them Product and ProductProperty).
> Of course ProductProperty is a child of Product, i.e. Products consist
> of ProductProperties.
>
> Therefore i need to ensure, that instances of ProductProperty may only
> be created below instances of Product.

If those two objectClasses are related by an inheritance relation, then
there is no way you can use the child without using the parent. In order
to describe this inheritence relation, you simply define the
ProductProperty objectClass as the child of the Produc ObjectClass using
the 'SUP' keyword.

http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4512.txt, par. 2.4

> Thanks in advance, Andreas

cordialement, regards,