directory-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Schuster (IFKL IT OS DSM CD)" <Martin.Schust...@infineon.com>
Subject [ApacheDS] I had a /root, but Apache ated it
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 10:17:46 GMT
I gave the installer a try; downloaded it with my user account, su -
to root, and ran it:

mybox /opt # . /home/joe/data-local/install/apacheds-1.5.2-x86_64.bin
                   WELCOME TO THE APACHE DS INSTALLER PROGRAM
[...]
Do you agree to the above license terms? [yes or no]
yes
Unpacking the installer...
tail: u: invalid number of seconds
Extracting the installer...

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
tar: Child returned status 1
-su: cd: sh: No such file or directory
-su: ./install.sh: No such file or directory
Done.
Apache DS has been installed successfully.
joe@mybox ~/data-local/install $

Afterwards, there was an empty __tmp.tar.gz in /opt,
and my /root was gone. Ouch. Even if tail, gzip, tar
or whatever fails, you should never remove my /root

(just wanted to report this. I'll manage with the good ol' tarball :)

--
Infineon Technologies IT-Services GmbH   Martin.Schuster1@infineon.com
Lakeside B05, 9020 Klagenfurt, Austria   Martin Schuster