directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Error 'attributeType w/ OID 1.3.6.1.1.1.1.15 not registered' when importing LDIF
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 06:50:00 GMT
Stefan Seelmann wrote:
> Suriya Simsuwat wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I got a problem when trying to import the new schema to Apacheds V. 1.5.2 with Studio
V. 1.1.0.

>> To import LDIF file consisting of custom schema to LDAP I did the following steps,
>>
>> 1. Open a new schema project.
>> 2. Import the schema file in schema window to schema project by using the
>>     option 'Import schemas from OpenLdap files'.
>>
>>     The schema content is defined as below.
>>
>>     objectclass ( 1.0.0.5.2.1.3.8
>>     NAME 'myListener'
>>     DESC 'Listening Service'
>>     SUP (top $ ipHost $ ipService)
>>     STRUCTURAL
>>     MUST ( cn $ host $ ipServicePort )
>>     MAY ( ipHostNumber $ ipServiceProtocol )
>>     )
>>

> With step 2 you just imported the schema into Studio. You must export it
> for ApacheDS, then import the created LDIF (it contains the schema
> format for ApacheDS) using the LDAP Browser. Then you could continue
> with step 3.

Stefan, there is another problem : the NIS schema is not enabled by
default on the server, leading to the error

attributeType w/ OID 1.3.6.1.1.1.1.15 not registered!]

The NIS schema need to be enabled, which means the m-disabled flag for the cn=nis,cn=schema
should be changed to 'FALSE'.

In order to do that, launch Studio, connect to your server, select the cn=nis,ou=schema entry,
and change the Disabled value to 'FALSE'.

Then reimport your objectclass. It should work.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org