directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: adding schema
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 20:48:19 GMT
Jeroen Vriesman wrote:
> Ok, I can import now,
>
> I also noticed that importing:
> objectclass ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.17416.0.255.0.14 NAME 'hivosMailAccount' SUP top
> AUXILIARY
>         DESC 'Mail account object as used by Hivos'
>         MUST ( mail $ homeDirectory $ mailbox $ userPassword )
>         MAY ( quota $ subscribeToSharedFolder $ isSharedFolder $ hivosIsIn $
> horoAanwezig $ horoInDienst $ horoThuis ) )
>
> Did not work, it compained about the DESC line, to make it work I had to
> change it to:
> objectclass ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.17416.0.255.0.14
>         NAME 'hivosMailAccount'
>         DESC 'Mail account object as used by Hivos'
>         SUP top AUXILIARY
>         MUST ( mail $ homeDirectory $ mailbox $ userPassword )
>         MAY ( quota $ subscribeToSharedFolder $ isSharedFolder $ hivosIsIn $
> horoAanwezig $ horoInDienst $ horoThuis ) )
>
> It seems to be very strich about the order, is this also in the protocol
> specification?

This is not in the protocol spec, but this is in RFC 4512, par. 4.1.1  :

     ObjectClassDescription = LPAREN WSP
         numericoid                 ; object identifier
         [ SP "NAME" SP qdescrs ]   ; short names (descriptors)
         [ SP "DESC" SP qdstring ]  ; description
         [ SP "OBSOLETE" ]          ; not active
         [ SP "SUP" SP oids ]       ; superior object classes
         [ SP kind ]                ; kind of class
         [ SP "*MUST*" SP oids ]      ; attribute types
         [ SP "*MAY*" SP oids ]       ; attribute types
         extensions WSP RPAREN

A little bit strict, if you want my opinion...

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org