directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: adding schema
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 06:02:38 GMT
Stefan Seelmann wrote:

>> and most of the time admins don't want to start huge complex
>> interfaces to add or edit a schema, working with simple text files is (at
>> least for me) the easyest way.
>>

> That is right. Perhaps we should try to extract the schema import and
> export to a separate library, then we could use it for CLI and GUI.

The best idea, and we already discussed about it, would be to simply
drop the new schema into a directory, and either restart the server, or
use a CLI to ask the server to load this new schema, or to send an
extended request to the server to tell it to load the file.

We have everything we need to do that, except the glue...
> Regards,
> Stefan

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny