directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Active Directory simulation
Date Thu, 01 May 2008 16:39:36 GMT
Valery Tydykov wrote:
> Is it possible to simulate Active Directory structure and behavior using ApacheDS?

As soon as you inject all the specific M$ ObjectClasses and Attributes
to ADS, and as soon as M$ AD is LDAP compliant, yes this is possible.

Basically, it depends on what you want to do. For your own defined
ObjectClasses and AttributeTypes, this will just work, perfectly well.
If you are going to use well know OC and AT (ie, inetOrgPerson and
such), you may also have problems, as M$ deliberately violated the
existing specs : http://www.symas.com/documents/Adam-Eval1-0.pdf, page 18.

But for simple usage, that should be ok.
> This would be great for testing LDAP/AD clients, without using real AD server.

Well, the idea is _not_ to use AD which is not a LDAP server, but mimic
a LDAP server :) May be I'm an idealist ;)
>  Valery Tydykov

Hope it helps

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny