directory-users mailing list archives

From "Hammond, Steve" <steve.hamm...@Polycom.com>
Subject RE: ApacheDS 1.52 Bad transition from state START_STATE, tag 0x80
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2008 16:03:46 GMT
That is not quite right, but I think it is due to a bug.
This code does work to startTLS

          Collection<ExtendedOperationHandler> handlers =
		new ArrayList<ExtendedOperationHandler>();
          handlers.add(new StartTlsHandler());
          ldapServer.setExtendedOperationHandlers(handlers);

-----Original Message-----
From: Harakiri [mailto:harakiri_23@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2008 7:59 AM
To: users@directory.apache.org; elecharny@apache.org
Subject: Re: ApacheDS 1.52 Bad transition from state START_STATE, tag
0x80

Hi,

--- Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@apache.org> wrote:
> Another option would be to use StartTLS instead of
> Ldaps. It's much
> better, as you don't have to open 2 different port
> (389 for LDAP and 636
> for LDAPS). Can you give it a try ?

Im not quiet sure if i have done this for StartTLS
right :

ldapServer.setEnableLdaps(false)
ldapServer.addExtendedOperationHandler(new
StartTlsHandler());
ldapServer.start();

this should do the trick for TLS?

It doesnt start any SSL LDAP for me - only normal LDAP
on port 389 - what am i missing?

Thanks

Be a better friend, newshound, and