directory-users mailing list archives

From Harakiri <harakiri...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Q about removing default partition/ in-memory partitions etc
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 21:36:45 GMT
So i guess after a few days without any answer i
figured out that people put enough work into working
out an april 1 fool joke but hesitate to answer any
real questions concerning apacheds.

Well, nice community

--- Harakiri <harakiri_23@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> first off thanks for a great and sophisticated open
> source directory server =)
>
> I do have a few questions regarding the API and how
> achieve certain things.
>
> Im working without a server.xml and have followed
> the
> example of embedding apache ds into a web app.
>
> 1. Is it possible to start apache-ds without the
> default partition ? Progamatically..
>
> 2. Is there already a MutablePartition configuration
> or similar which does not save any data to disk ? I
> want everything which is normally stored under the
> partition dir to be only created in memory (schema
> etc) because the server itself does not contain any
> data but queries other services for data and acts as
> pass through.
>
> 3. I have - after much code digging in the server
> code
> - been able to create my own Interceptor to modify
> search results (figuring out how to create your own
> namingenumeration and searchresult was a real pain
> since they are interfaces). I know that since 1.5.x
> triggers are available - i did not really figure out
> the difference here. When should you use a trigger -
> and when an interceptor ? Triggers are implemented
> as
> specific interceptors afaik. Even tho in the svn is
> sample class - im not sure how to use it - how to
> add
> it to your partition configuration etc...
>
> 4. The order of interceptors is not quiet clear to
> me,
> i added an interceptor to the default interceptor
> list
> - but calling next.search(..) never returned any
> value
> it seems - the query to the local partition must
> have
> been done after my interceptor - so i moved the
> interceptor to the beginning - and indeed
> next.search
> returned some data to modify. I thought that the
> retrievale of data would be handled by another
> process
> and not by a default interceptor ?
>
> 5. How do you connect your apache to a different
> external backend? Is Interceptors the only way or
> are
> their some build in backend connectors ? I.e. the
> simplest custom backend would be that apache ds
> receives an ldap query - and the custom backend
> logic
> from apache ds would translate this into SQL queries
> like select * from user where user=ldapquery or
> something like that. Currently i would do that with
> an
> interceptor.
>

> Thank you very much

> OMG, Sweet deal for Yahoo! users/friends:Get A Month
> of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. W00t

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No
Cost.