directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ApacheDS 1.52 Bad transition from state START_STATE, tag 0x80
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 18:03:34 GMT

>> Could you provide some more info, like the settings
>> you are using in
>> Outlook ?
>>

> All default settings - i didnt change anything - that
> is to say there isnt much to configure anyway except
> search depth maybe which i didnt touch ? but its
> always the defaults when you create a new directory -
> i tested with and without searchbase/dn.

Sorry, I don't have any W$ computer, so 'default settings' for outlook
does not help me a lot :)

Not a big deal though, see later...
> The embedded server im using is just starting the
> DefaultDirectoryService with no additional partitions
> - for my testing i only enable/disable LDAPS
>
> I have an interceptor which just prints out the search
> requests to console - and it doesnt even get there -
> the exception is thrown before any search is called.
>
> Maybe a tcpdump would help?

Sure !!!

If you can provide something I can read with wireshark, I will certainly
decypher what's going on on the protocol layer.
> Thanks

> Be a better friend, newshound, and

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny