directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject Re: Failed to start apache ds on solaris
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 09:15:17 GMT
Olivier Gusching wrote:
> Actually, I had set the access permissions to 777 for the var/
> directory and its subdirectories, to allow full access on the files
> that caused my problems.
> I just made a chmod -R 777 on the root install directory of apacheds,
> and now it starts fine.
What would be interesting to have is the scripts you used to install the
server on Solaris, as we don't have installer (yet) for this system
(sorry if I thought we had it...). Also a copy of the script which
launch the server would help fixing the problem too.

I'm not too confortable with the idea that someone is running ADS with
777 rights on Unix... ( 777 is as evil as 666 ;)

> Thanks for helping anyway :)
Our pleasure !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny