directory-users mailing list archives

From "Frans Thamura" <fr...@meruvian.org>
Subject Re: Sun and Apache will collaborate more...
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 06:44:03 GMT
anyway, is this april fool or press release :0

sorry because we are in april 1st

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 1:30 PM, Przemyslaw Rudzki <erace@erace.pl> wrote:

> Gr8 news. Congrats.
>
> /p
>
> On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 23:46 +0200, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > after having had some convos today with some big shots at Sun, I'm very
> > pleased to announce that we have found some kind of agreements about
> > merging OpenDS into Apache Directory Server.
> >
> > This is a great news, as we will benefit from more than 10 years of
> > experience from the SUN directory team !
> >
> > In the next few daysn we will have to vote for 30 more committers, so be
> > ready to be flooded with VOTEs...
> >
> > The new product will be named Swordfish, to follow Sun's recent naming
> > (Glassfish and so on). A very appropriate name !
> >
> > Thanks !

Frans Thamura
Director
Meruvian
Redefining Civilization
Indonesia

Education, Consulting, Networking, Profesional Marketplace, OpenSource
Development and Implementation

Mobile: +62 855 7888 699
Skype: fthamura
YM: fthamura@yahoo.com