directory-users mailing list archives

From "Frans Thamura" <fr...@meruvian.org>
Subject Re: Sun and Apache will collaborate more...
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 23:51:44 GMT
why dont merge with fedora, or openldap also :)

hehehe ;) good posting.

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 4:46 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> after having had some convos today with some big shots at Sun, I'm very
> pleased to announce that we have found some kind of agreements about merging
> OpenDS into Apache Directory Server.
>
> This is a great news, as we will benefit from more than 10 years of
> experience from the SUN directory team !
>
> In the next few daysn we will have to vote for 30 more committers, so be
> ready to be flooded with VOTEs...
>
> The new product will be named Swordfish, to follow Sun's recent naming
> (Glassfish and so on). A very appropriate name !
>
> Thanks !
>

> --
> --
> cordialement, regards,
> Emmanuel L├ęcharny
> www.iktek.com
> directory.apache.org

Frans Thamura
Director
Meruvian
Redefining Civilization
Indonesia

Education, Consulting, Networking, Profesional Marketplace, OpenSource
Development and Implementation

Mobile: +62 855 7888 699
Skype: fthamura
YM: fthamura@yahoo.com