directory-users mailing list archives

From "Juergen Weber" <>
Subject Proxy or Metadirectory
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 20:50:28 GMT

I have a Tomcat installation that authenticates with JNDI realm
against an LDAP server containing the users. Now I need some
additional technical users that cannot go into the LDAP server.

Unfortunately Tomcat can only use one active security realm. Ideal
were if Tomcat would fall back to the standard memory realm if a user
were not found in JNDI realm.

So another option were to put the additional users into Apache
Directory server and have it delegate against the other LDAP server.

If Directory server knows user
   return authenticate user
  user := other LDAP server lookup
  return authenticate user

Can this right now be done with Apache Directory server?

If not, I guess you would write a custom backend. How does this
backend call the default backend?

Thanks for any hints,

View raw message