directory-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Migrating from Oracle Internet Directory
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 22:24:14 GMT
On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 12:10 PM, Frans Thamura <frans@meruvian.org> wrote:

> hi all
>
> i am also seeking a migrator tools to migrate like Active directory or
> lotus
> notes ldap or kind of LDAP to ApacheDS

I had a friend who migrated off of lotus notes LDAP server pretty easily.
AD can be tough but it's been done probably more frequently then other LDAP
servers.

Again this is just about going through the schema elements you use and
making sure that those elements are also present within ApacheDS, if not
adding equivalents.

If you and Salvio have these other DS specific schemas we can include them
in the standard distribution so you don't have to add them with a stock
ApacheDS installation but just flip a switch at runtime to use them.

Also if this happens I think it paves the road for us to devise easy to use
migration tools for ApacheDS and OpenLDAP using Apache Directory Studio.
The more people use ApacheDS and OpenLDAP the better world it will become
:).

HTH,
Alex