directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject Re: Adding custom attributes in a unit test
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 15:42:50 GMT
Keith Byrne wrote:
> I'm using ApacheDS 1.5.1.   I have a unit test that extends
> AbstractServerTest.
> I need to add a couple of custom attributes in order to simulate Active
> Directory (don't ask)
You are not the only one doing that :)
> in a programmatic way within the unit test.
> The documentation that I've found seems to be outdated, how can I easily
> accomplish this?
Doco is badly outdated... Sorry for that !

Have you tried : ?

There is a paragraph describing how to add a new AttributeType using
JNDI. It should work, as ADS is using JNDI as a abstraction layer.

> Or is there a way to disable schema checking? Since this won't be a live
> ldap server I really don't care about validation.
Nope, schema checking is kind of mandatory atm.

Thanks for using ADS !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny

View raw message