directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ADS Recovery
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2008 01:29:57 GMT
Ahmad Hannouf wrote:

>             Hello,
>
>             I’m a developer using ADS for LDAP routine.

Which version ? Which System ? Which JVM ?

>             I got the main partition crashed.

How ? Can you described what happened exactly?

>             I had to uninstall and delete all files before reinstalling.
>
>             The data was lost.

deletion => lost of data...

>             Any recovery or backup system?

It depends. What are your needs ? Btw, if you want to be sure that every
single write is flushed on disk, you can change this flag on server.xml
synchOnWrite=true.

>             That is really urgent.

Open a JIRA, describe the problem you met, set it to 'blocking', and
expect that we have time to deal with it.... We are volunteers, and we
are working on the server on nights and week-ends, for most of us. Sorry
about that.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com