directory-users mailing list archives

From "Todd Nine" <todd.n...@gmail.com>
Subject Help with the newly release 1.5.1
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 03:32:39 GMT
Hi guys,
  I'm trying to install 1.5.1, it looks like a great directory server, but
I'm having some issues.  I'm using the rpm distribution, and I'm installing
it on CentOs 5.   The binaries get installed to /opt/apacheds-1.5.1 and the
configuration is in /var/lib/apacheds.  Everything works great when I call
the init script manually with "/etc/init.d/apacheds start default".
However, Redhat (Cent Os) and derivatives don't send the second argument,
they only send the "start" argument.  How can I update the start script in a
way that won't be overwritten when the next release is installed?

Thanks,
Todd